- Choose Wisely – The more creative your brand name is, the greater the odds that it is unique. More distinctive and create name or slogan is generally more capable of standing out among the competition and becoming a brand with real value. Which sounds like a more exciting brand, a more valuable brand: “Jim’s Gym” or “Vantage Fitness“? “Cincinnati Frozen Yogurt” or “fraîche”? “Joe’s Pizza” or “Pie-tanza”? “Search.com” or “Google”?
- Use it – The more you use your trademarks – brand names, logos and slogans – the stronger and more distinctive they become and the more your likely customers are to remember your brand and to use it to tell others about it.
- Distinguish It – Use ALL CAPS, bold or italics to emphasize your brand as often as you can. Then the customer knows exactly what your brand is.
- Register it – Registration enhances the protection and the value of your trademark assets.
- Create Google Alerts – An easy and free way to monitor for others copying your brand or commenting on it. If you find a possible infringement, contact an attorney. www.google.com/alerts
© 2009 Erik M. Pelton & Associates, PLLC.