Some believe that the word will end today, on December 21, 2012. Today is “regarded as the end-date of a 5125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar.” See Wikipedia for more information.
There are a few trademarks filed with the USPTO related to today’s date. I presume they hope that today is not the last day, in order to cash in:
[Click mark or logo for USPTO records]
- - pending application for Apparel, namely, Jeans, pants, jackets, and tops
- DECEMBER 21, 2012 WAS THE END, BUT I’M STILL HERE – pending application for posters; Short-sleeved or long-sleeved t-shirts; T-shirts
- I SURVIVED THE END OF THE WORLD 12/21/12 – pending application for Short-sleeved or long-sleeved t-shirts
- END OF DAYS – pending application for ‘Axes, diving knives, fixed blade knives, folding knives, hunting knives, jack knives, knives, machetes, swords; fixed blade knives, namely, kukris and parangs; multi-function hand tools comprised of knives, pliers, screwdrivers, can openers, files, scissors and saws; pen knives, pocket knives, razor knives, sport knives, throwing knives, utility knives’
- DOOMSDAY AMMO – pending application for Ammunition for firearms
- - pending application for Safety equipment, namely, beacon lights
- DOOMSDAY DONUTS – pending application for Doughnuts; Pastries
These marks perhaps inadvertently reference today’s date:
- 1221 – registered for wine since 2010
- BAR 12 21 – registered since 2006 for restaurant and bar services
If this is my last blog post ever, at least it was topical!