Posted by ipelton on: May 19th, 2014
Hong Kong is beyond enormous. The photos don’t capture the height and scale of the skyscrapers. Or the mountains that sit adjacent to them. Hopefully these photos will provide you with some perspective of the beauty and grandeur.
- There are malls everywhere. Many, but not all, of them containing fancy stores. I was in several urban malls that would dwarf almost any suburban US mail in size. One mall was 7 stories tall!
- There are markets everywhere.
- There are US brands everywhere. Especially 7-Eleven, Circle K, Starbucks and McDonalds.
- There was not a lot of parks or recreational space. But I did find one park with a pond and turtles – and many rules including no spitting. There were some soccer fields and basketball courts scattered, but not many considering the number of people.
- Every direction you turn there appears to be an entire city of skyscrapers or tall apartment and office buildings. It seems to be that dozens of downtown Washington DC’s or Boston’s could fit inside of Hong Kong.
- Many skyscrapers feature electronic billboards or other light-up features.