Posted by ipelton on: November 17th, 2015
sofTMware® is a free tool developed and provided by Erik M Pelton & Associates (EMP&A) for tracking and monitoring the status of USPTO trademark applications and registrations. The tool was built from scratch and uses electronic data published daily by the USPTO. Account holders receive daily reports via email notifying them of any changes in the statuses of USPTO trademark records that they are tracking. Office actions, responses, registrations, publication, extensions of time to oppose, notices of opposition, renewal reminders, and more are all potential statuses included in the update. Each email update contains an easy and quick link to jump directly to the USPTO records for each record which shows an update. The tool can be used to monitor a single application or registration or thousands of them. It can be used to monitor a company’s filings, a law firm’s filings, or to monitor filings owned by others.
sofTMware currently has more than 150 active users and is tracking the status of more than 25,000 USPTO records!
Create a free secure account at https://www.softmware.com/
Using a cloud-based secure website and password protected accounts at https://www.softmware.com, the tool allows users to:
- Follow all of your U.S. trademark applications and registrations in one place
- Create custom categories to organize your applications and registrations
- View all recent status updates
- Link directly to multiple USPTO pages for each record (TARR, TDR, TTAB, Assignments)
- View logo images
- Sort records
- Import multiple application serial numbers at once
- Receive daily reports about status changes by email
- Receive notices when renewal periods begin
For example, here is the beginning of an email update (the records here represent nothing other than that I found them interesting):
sofTMware® is available for free at www.software.com. Let me know what you think of it!