Our focus every day is to help business owners maximize the value and protection of their brand assets.
Erik M. Pelton & Associates, PLLC is a boutique trademark law practice planted firmly and accessibly a few miles away from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). In 1999, Erik Pelton launched his own firm after serving as a trademark examiner at the USPTO.
The EMP&A team brings extensive experience to all things intellectual property law. More than just attorneys who represent clients before the USPTO or the courts, we are counselors who strive to work closely to support the business goals of clients. Merging today’s technology with a collaborative approach allows us to deliver superior service. As a complete trademark partner, EMP&A helps clients make the most of their brand assets – all reasonably priced on a flat-fee basis. Above and beyond trademark registration, we:
- Guide and advise regarding intellectual property
- Combine legal counsel with years of experience counseling business owners
- Help grow and protect our clients’ brands
- Add financial value to businesses by strengthening brands
Erik M. Pelton, Attorney at law
As the founder and managing attorney of Erik M. Pelton & Associates, PLLC, Erik Pelton is a recognized leader in the trademark law field. With more than 10 years of experience, he is well versed in all aspects of trademark registration as well as proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) because he’s worked the registration process from both sides. Prior to starting the firm in 1999, Erik worked for two years as an examiner at the USPTO. In more than a decade of private practice, he has registered more than 1,900 U.S. trademarks for clients, represented dozens of parties in Trademark Trial and Appeal Board disputes, and practiced before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Graduate of Boston University and Catholic University School of Law
- Creator of the Apptorney iPhone® application for intellectual property attorneys
- Named a Top 10 trademark filer by NameProtect’s Trademark Insider three times.
- Frequent expert speaker on all areas of Trademark Law/Intellectual Property Issues for a variety of business and law groups and conferences
- Recognized by the City of Falls Church Economic Development Authority for contributions to the city’s trademark efforts
- Chapter Editor for the 2011 ABA’s Annual Review of Intellectual Property Law Developments
- Falls Church Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2011)
- Bar Memberships:
Nicholas Santucci, Attorney at Law
Prior to attending law school, Nick received his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. At George Mason University School of Law, Nick completed the Intellectual Property Concentration, which focused intensely on trademark, copyright, trade secret, and patent law.
As an attorney, Nick litigates oppositions and cancellations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. He is experienced in all aspects of trademark prosecution before the USPTO including Office Action responses. Nick advises clients on branding strategy, trademark registration, and copyrights. Nick is also experienced in drafting settlement agreements and letters of protest to help clients fully protect their intellectual property rights.
Erik M. Pelton & Associates – Firm Experience
Erik M. Pelton, Esq. founded his trademark law practice and web site in 1999 with the goal of providing intellectual property expertise to small businesses and his practice is limited to trademark and copyright matters. While admitted to practice only in New Jersey, Mr. Pelton’s practice area enables him to represent clients throughout the United States. Prior to beginning his own practice, Mr. Pelton reviewed trademark applications as an Attorney for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Pelton’s extensive experience at the U.S.P.T.O. included writing appellate briefs and statutory refusals of trademark registrations, and researching trademark law. At the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Pelton earned performance ratings of ‘commendable;’ or ‘outstanding’ in all categories. In law school beforehand, Mr. Pelton focused on the convergence of new technologies, communications, and intellectual property law during internships for National Public Radio, PBS Broadcasting, and The White House. Building upon his experience and recognizing the rising value of trademark protection in the information age, Mr. Pelton launched the boutique trademark firm to provide affordable legal assistance for small businesses in need of trademark protection. Since then, Mr. Pelton’s counsel has helped build and sustain strong brands for hundreds of Internet ventures, software companies, inventors, restaurants, and small businesses across the U.S. and abroad.
- Flat Fees for many attorney services
- No hidden costs
- Free initial consultations available
- Priorietary software for daily electronic monitoring of trademark application status and deadlines
- Extensive experience using trademark search engines and databases
- Developer of Apptorney intellectual property app
- Creator of sofTMware online tool for monitoring trademark applications and registrations
- Free videos available via YouTube.com/tm4smallbiz
- Prompt, Professional, and Personal Service
- Easilyaccessible via email or toll free phone
- Conveniently located near the U.S.P.T.O.