- THEIR COURAGE ENDURES – Promoting the interest of disabled Veterans
- THE AMERICAN VETERANS DISABLED FOR LIFE MEMORIAL – Promoting the interest of disabled Veterans
According to Mr. Pelton, the pro bono initiative will help veterans who have transferred their skills from the battlefield to the business world leverage the value of their intellectual property. “Through their service and sacrifice, veterans have proven that they have the leadership and drive necessary to succeed as entrepreneurs,” said Mr. Pelton. “Strong brand protection is critical for small businesses, yet it is often difficult to commit sufficient time and resources toward investments in trademark registration and other intellectual property protections. Our goal is to help veteran entrepreneurs protect their trademarks, so they can stay focused on growing successful businesses.”
- 2018 Nominee - The Distinguished Service Awards: Honoring Veteran, Businesses & Leaders in Greater Washington
- Named to the District of Columbia Court Pro Bono Honor Roll: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Speaker at 2018 AIPF annual meeting on ‘Incorporating Pro Bono Work Into Your IP Practice’
For more information on obtaining pro bono services from EMP&A, email us.
* Participating businesses will be responsible for any government filing fees. All decisions regarding participation shall be at the sole discretion of EMP&A. No attorney-client relationship shall exist prior to the signing of a retainer agreement.