This offer from “United States Trademark Maintenance Service” raises as many questions as it does answers.
- Are they attorneys providing this services who are bound by the professional rules of ethics, attorney-client privilege, and such?
- Do they help their clients understand the declaration to be signed?
- The USPTO Section 8 filing fee actually just changed, effective January 14, 2017, to $125.
- What is all the goods and services in the registration are no longer in use?
- Why does their form look so simple?
- Why does their form look and sound so much like it is from the USPTO?
- Who will sign the filing?
- What about Section 15 affidavits – do they file them? Do they advise what the benefits are or whether one is appropriate?
- Furthermore, it contains a falsehood, that the “USPTO does not provide any reminder of the section 9 requirement beyond the information of the original Certificate of Registration…” The USPTO began sending email reminders of the Section 9 period about a year ago.
Share this blog post >