I hope your 2011 is off to as busy a start ours! Here is a round up of some recent firm activities:
- Our iPhone application, Apptorney®, was featured in an article on Top 10 Legal Predictions for 2011! and its discussion of the likely boom in law firm apps
- My “Top 10 Trademark Trends in 2010” article was featured on JD Supra’s The Legal Year in Review: What Lawyers Are Saying
- I have been invited to speaking at the SOCIALEX conference in Washington DC, in March. The conference will explore the legal aspects of social media, and my talk will discuss intellectual property issues related to social media use. For more information visit the conference website.
- My recent interview with KIVA B&C Talk Radio discussing intellectual property protection and other issues facing start ups is featured here
- Trademark professionals attending the International Trademark Association’s 2011 annual conference in San Francisco can sign up to attend the “Table Topic” discussion I will be hosting on Trademark Settlement Agreement Tips
- My recent interview about law firm branding with noted law firm consultant Ed Poll of Law Biz® has been posted
- Associate Mark Donahey was recently appointed to the Economic Development Committee of the National Small Business Association
- I was recently selected to the Board Directors for the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce
- We were asked by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy to participate in a public roundtable on the USPTO’s request for comments regarding the impact of trademark litigation tactics on small business
- I have been appointed to the editorial board of the American Bar Association’s Section of Intellectual Property 2011 Annual Review of Intellectual Property Law Developments
On top of all that, in the first three weeks of the year, our clients received 10 new trademark registrations!