The Fast & The Furious 7, in a few weeks, has already grossed hundreds of millions of dollars in ticket sales, and may become one of the top worldwide movies of all times, based on revenue generated.
Here is a trademark guide to the movie series [click marks for USPTO records]:
Universal Studios trademarks:
- THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS registered for computer games since 2004
- THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS registered since 2005 for posters
- THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS registered for amusement park attraction
- DWAYNE JOHNSON registered for entertainment services, namely, movie appearances by a professional entertainer
- TYRESE GIBSON registered by the actor for ‘Entertainment services, namely, live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer and dramatic and comedic performances associated therewith’
- LUDACRIS registered for Entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical artist
- fast&furious registered for ATV parts by Jydar Merchandise Co.
- Fast Furious Japanese Grill registered for restaurant
There are a few others, including more applications from Universal Studios. But for a property that has made many many millions, it is a bit surprising that more trademarks for related products or services have not yet been filed.
Note that Star Wars, Harry Potter, and other move properties that have made hundred of millions are the subject of a lot more trademark filings.