Here are the recent USPTO filing statistics through September 30, 2016, the end of FY2016:
New trademark application filings at the USPTO:
- 3rd Quarter of 2016: 94,627 new applications filed
- First three quarters of 2016: 292,923 applications filed
- FY2016 (October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016): 384,518 applications filed
Filings for FY2016 were therefore up more than 6 percent over the prior FY2015. This is a large increase, although not as large as last year’s increase.
- FY2015: 362,576 applications filed
- FY2014: 330,760 applications filed
- 3rd Quarter of 2015: 91,441 new applications filed
- 3rd Quarter of 2014: 83,001 new applications filed
- 3rd quarter of 2013: 82,473 applications filed
Note: All data retrieved via TESS search on USPTO.gov on October 6, 2016.