It is easier than ever to stay current with information from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”). The USPTO website contains a plethora of useful information. In addition to the frequently used TESS search database and TARR status database, there are many other USPTO tools online. In addition, recent social media and other communications tools from the USPTO make receiving timely news, changes, and developments quite simple.
- TDR (trademark document retrieval) 2.0 beta – now including audio and other file formats: http://tdr.uspto.gov
- Create PDF with up to 25 registration certificates at once: http://tmportal.uspto.gov/external/portal/registrationcert
- Bulk data from USPTO available for free via Google partnership: http://www.google.com/googlebooks/uspto-trademarks.html
- Design Code Manual and information: http://tess2.uspto.gov/tmdb/dscm/index.htm
- When was the last update to the Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) database? http://tess2.uspto.gov/webaka/html/news.htm
- Check computer system outages and planned events: http://www.uspto.gov/blog/ebiz/
- Comment on Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP) sections using IdeaScale: http://uspto-tmep.ideascale.com/
- Trademark Public Advisory Committee: view old meetings or live webcasts of future meetings: http://www.uspto.gov/about/advisory/tpac/index.jsp
- Remember that all addresses, phone numbers and emails used in TEAS forms become part of the public records.
- Follow USPTO Director David Kappos’ blog: http://www.uspto.gov/blog/
- Follow the USPTO Twitter® feed: http://www.twitter.com/uspto
- Follow the USPTO on Facebook® http://www.facebook.com/uspto.gov
- Subscribe to receive USPTO communications via email here: http://enews.usptoenews.gov/
- USPTO phone numbers and email addresses: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/contact_trademarks.jsp