As you may know, last month marked my fifteenth year in private practice filing trademark applications for clients. Over that time, I have handled many nontraditional trademarks. I even coined and registered the slogan, The Nontraditional Trademark Lawyers®!
Here are some of the nontraditional registrations obtained on behalf of clients:
- The mark consists of the three dimensional configuration of a building featuring a stepped front and a three dimensional package of fries appears on the top step, a three dimensional beverage cup with straw appears on a step below the fries, a three dimensional hot dog appears on a step below the cup, and a three dimensional hamburger appears on the bottom step; the dotted lines in the drawing are not a part of the mark but are intended to show the position of the mark on the building.
- The mark consists of a three-dimensional configuration of piece of jewelry in the shape of an infinity symbol and a heart
- mark used as background on product packaging
- The mark consists of the configuration of a lumbar support cushion.
- The mark consists of the configuration of a roof; the matter shown in broken lines merely shows the positioning of the mark and no claim is made to it.
- The mark consists of the color blue in a horizontal stripe applied to the center of a rectangular license plate
- The mark consists of the configuration of a bottle used as a container for tequila and containing a totem with a stylized face on it on the inside of the bottle.
- The mark consists of three dimensional gates featuring one large span with the wording “EDEN CENTER” underneath and two small spans on each side.
- The mark consists of the non-functional elements of a three-dimensional ice cream cup costume consisting of a hot pink cup with light green spiral designs, a dark pink rectangle near the top of the cup, white and black eyes, a light pink smile, hot pink arms and hands, green legs extending from the bottom of the cup, and a light pink ice cream swirl atop the cup.
In addition, several more nontraditional mark applications filed by our firm are pending.