A new bogus trademark offering was received last week. See below. This is bogus and a scam. Here are few reasons:
- It has limited or no real value
- There is nothing for “renewal” despite the heading
- It is not from any government agency (but made to look like one)
- It is outrageously priced
- It is not clear what service is offered? Presumably their own directory/registration, which is worthless and never consulted by anyone.
- It claims their database has 3 million records. These are presumably found in public records.
- The agreement with IPS is governed by the law of Czech Republic
Let’s hope the USPTO and other authorities will shut this scam down. But given that many other scams preying on trademark owners have been around for a while and continue unabated, I wouldn’t be too optimistic. So BEWARE!