A few weeks ago, the NFL’s Miami Dolphins unveiled a new logo design. Will it be a hit or a bust? I think it will be a hit.
Here is why I like the logo:
– it has a sleek, clean design
– it retains elements of the old design
– it is both modern and a little retro
– it is not too busy
– it is suggestive of the sun and beaches of Miami
And a few other reasons why the launch was well done:
– it was released not quietly, but with a publicity event that allowed the team to communicate the message of re-design
– they explained the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of the design via a video (see below)
To see the history of the Dolphins’ logos, see SPORTLOGOS.NET (a great website).