I love baseball! And baseball trademarks! To succeed in baseball, a team has 9 players on the field at once, each doing their own thing. While each player has their own responsibilities, each must play as part of a team, in harmony with the others, as well. To succeed, a team needs great players and great harmony.
A trademark application is much the same — there are many individual elements or parts of the application, and each is important. And to maximize the odds of success, they need to be in harmony.
- proper ownership identified
- proper evidence of use
- knowledge of USPTO TEAS forms
- ability to track the application status
- drawing the mark wording or logo
- identification of goods and/or services
- searching for conflicts
- filing basis (use, intent to use, etc)
- managing the deadlines imposed by USPTO
To work cohesively, they ought to have an experienced coach, or attorney!
Bonus: find the error in the visual image here, and leave it in the comments!