Sunday is the Super Bowl®. In addition to the football game, Super Bowl Sunday is all about brands – teams, television networks, advertisers, celebrities, and more.
For this year’s game, here is a lineup of some of valuable and important trademarks that will be on display Sunday (click trademarks or images for U.S. Patent and Trademark Office records):
Packers Themed Trademarks:
Steelers Themed Trademarks:
- PITTSBURGH STEELERS
- STEELY MCBEAM mascot
- CHEESEHEAD (registered for “novelty hat” to Foamation Inc.)
- (registered for “novelty hat” to Foamation Inc.)
- Shockingly, I only found one player in the game with any trademark registrations or applications. Troy Polamalu has four pending applications, here are 2 of them:
- TROY POLAMALU
Advertiser Trademarks: (based on this list of likely advertisers from Ad Age)
- ANGRY BIRDS pending application
- [I never noticed the whitespace numeral “1s” throughout the logo until today!]
- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
- YOU’RE NOT YOU WHEN YOU’RE HUNGRY (pending application, Snickers slogan)
Have fun watching the game. And look out for all the trademarks, they will be everywhere!