This Saturday, California Chrome will race a mile and a half in the Belmont Stakes, seeking to be the first Triple Crown winner in decades, since Affirmed in 1978.
Here are is a trademark guide to the Belmont Stakes® [click names and logos for USPTO registration records]:
- CALIFORNIA CHROME – registered for hubcaps and rims, not for horse racing! See my blog post for details.
- BELMONT STAKES – Registered for “ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES, NAMELY, CONDUCTING AN ANNUAL HORSE RACE”
- BELMONT PARK – Registered for “ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES, NAMELY, CONDUCTING HORSE RACING EXHIBITIONS“
- AFFIRMED – registered for “mugs”
- AFFIRMED – registered for shirts and hats
- SECRETARIAT – a very famous triple crown winner, registered for ‘entertainment services, in the nature of thoroughbred racing‘
- TRIPLE CROWN – registered for ‘PROMOTING THE COMPETITIVENESS OF THOROUGHBRED HORSE RACING‘
- – registered for ‘ORGANIZING AND SUPERVISING THE PROCESS OF NOMINATING THOROUGHBRED HORSES FOR A SERIES OF THOROUGHBRED RACES’