There are four teams left in the MLB playoffs battling to reach the World Series. Here is a quick trademark guide:
[click marks for USPTO records]
Kansas City Royals
- (named after George Brett’s batting average from the 1980 season when Brett batted .390 – the highest average for a full season since Ted Williams hit .406 in 1941)
- The Oriole’s name is unique for a sports team. And their logos are distinctive and good.
- THE BALLPARK THAT FOREVER CHANGED BASEBALL
- ORIOLE PARK AT CAMDEN YARDS
San Francisco Giants
- The interlocking S and F of the Giants is a great design. And the Giants name is relatively unique. But the team lacks any colorful logo or mascot or branding beyond the SF.
St. Louis Cardinals
- The Cardinals are another classic team with logos that have barely changed over the decades. The name is fairly unique. The bird logo is quite pleasant.