Did you know that the “Triple Crown” is awarded in many sports, not only thoroughbred racing?
Of course, during the last week much attention has been given to American Pharoah becoming the first horse to win the triple crown in 37 years. For more on the American Pharoah trademarks, see my recent post here.
Here are some other triple crown trademarks (click for USPTO records):
- TRIPLE CROWN – conducting cheerleading and dance competitions and events
- TRIPLE CROWN – Entertainment services, namely, organizing and conducting softball tournaments
- TRIPLE CROWN OF BUSINESS – Educational Services, namely conducting classes, seminars, conferences and workshops in the field of marketing, managing and business negotiating, including the distribution of books, publications and sound recordings in connection therewith
- TRIPLE CROWN OF POLO – PROMOTING COMPETITIONS AND TOURNAMENTS OF OTHERS BY AWARDING PRIZES TO WINNERS OF DESIGNATED POLO TOURNAMENTS; PROMOTING THE SPORT OF POLO BY AWARDING PRIZES TO WINNERS OF DESIGNATED POLO TOURNAMENTS
- TRIPLE CROWN – Promoting, arranging and conducting sports car and automobile races and race activities, namely, a series of sports car and automobile race events to determine an overall winner of the series of sports car and automobile race events
- TRIPLE CROWN – organizing and promoting state and national street hockey festivals, state and national three-on-three basketball tournaments, state and national volleyball tournaments, state and national baseball tournaments, college women’s pre-season national invitational basketball tournaments, state and national soccer tournaments, and state and national fast pitch softball tournaments
- TRIPLE CROWN OF SKATEBOARDING – Entertainment services, namely organizing and conducting international skateboarding competitions
- TRIPLE CROWN OF SURFING – entertainment services, namely organizing and conducting international competitions in the field of ocean sports