Amidst the global coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic this week that is limited or shuttering many economies and industries, I received a trademark scam offer IPS Intellectual Property Services. See below.
These scammers will stop stop at nothing. This offering bogus and a scam. Here are few reasons:
- It has limited or no real value.
- There is nothing for “renewal” despite the heading.
- It is not from any government agency (but made to look like one).
- It is outrageously priced.
- It is not clear what service is offered? Presumably their own directory/registration, which is worthless and never consulted by anyone.
- It claims their database has 3 million records. These are presumably found in public records.
- The agreement with IPS is governed by the law of Czech Republic.
- And the cost is $2356 for this worthless service!
I first blogged about this IPS scam a few months ago. Let’s hope the USPTO and other authorities will shut this down ASAP. But given that many other scams preying on trademark owners have been around for a while and continue unabated, I wouldn’t be too optimistic. So BEWARE!
Pingback: Billy Xiong Declares: Scams and spam: USPTO users face epidemic of spurious