Sunday is the Super Bowl®, when the Patriots will try to follow up last year’s comeback against the Falcons by beating the Eagles. In addition to the football game, Super Bowl Sunday is all about brands – teams, television networks, advertisers, celebrities, and more. For this year’s game, there will be many valuable and important trademarks on display (click trademarks or images for U.S. Patent and Trademark Office records):
NEW ENGLAND TRADEMARKS
The Patriots have been prolific trademark filers in recent years, adding slogans to their portfolio. After winning the franchise’s fifth Super Bowl last February, within 48 hours the Patriots filed BLITZ FOR SIX for and NO DAYS OFF.
- Last season, after earning a spot in the Super Bowl Patriots filed two applications for ONE MORE, one for clothing and one for ‘providing expert commentary on sports events via the Internet’; those applications are still pending.
- IGNORE THE NOISE – filed in the week before last year’s Super Bowl
- DO YOUR JOB – registered in 2014 for entertainment services, namely, providing expert commentary on sports events via the Internet
- NEXT GAME UP – registered in 2014 for entertainment services, namely, providing online information in the field of sports and sporting events related to football games, competitions and exhibitions; …
- THE BELESTRATOR – Entertainment services, namely, providing expert commentary on sports events via television or the Internet
- WE ARE ALL PATRIOTS – Fan clubs; online fan clubs; entertainment services, namely, providing online information in the field of sports and sporting events related to football games, competitions and exhibitions; …
- – variety of goods and services
- PATS – T-shirts, sweatshirts sold to promote an affiliation or association with a professional football team
- and TB 12 are featured in seven trademark registrations and nearly 20 pending applications for a wide variety of products and services.
- GET GRONK’D and GRONK NATION – owned by Gronk Nation, with statement “The name(s), portrait(s), and/or signature(s) shown in the mark identifies Robert Gronkowski, Christopher Gronkowski, Daniel Gronkowski, whose consent(s) to register is made of record.”
- TROPHY TOWN [owned by Kraft Group LLC] – T-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball caps, knit hats
- and JAMES HARRISON – pending applications filed in 2017 for football towels and apparel
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES TRADEMARKS
- FLY EAGLES FLY – pending application filed in 2017
- – pending application for Education and entertainment services in the nature of professional football games and exhibitions, and more
- EAGLES – in use since 1933
- 53 ANGRY MEN – pending application
- BLOUNT FORCE TRAUMA [LaGarette Blount] – t-shirts
- PLAYER’S COALITION – pending application by Eagle Malcolm Jenkins and former NFL player Anquan Boldin for Educating the general public about criminal justice reform and social equality through grass roots activism, Promoting and advancing criminal justice reform and social equality through grass roots activism
- NO FLY ZONE – registered by the Malcolm Jenkins Foundation for Charitable fundraising services by means of selling goods to raise funds
NFL and other trademarks