The volume of trademark application filings at the USPTO continues to rise steadily. Filings in the first 3 months of 2016 are up at least 3% over the same time period from last year.
- First 3 months of 2017: 102,146 new applications filed
- First 3 months of 2016: 98,376 new applications filed note that when searched in April of 2016, this number was 94,044 which suggests the growth is even larger)
- First 3 months of 2015: 91,153 new applications filed
- First 3 months of 2014: 84,472 new applications filed
- First 3 months of 2013: 80,591 new applications filed
- Note: 2017 data retrieved via TESS search on USPTO.gov on April 18, 2017
Share this blog post >